Choosing a drug or alcohol rehab facility for yourself or a loved one can be difficult and overwhelming. Finding addiction treatment has become difficult during the rise of the opioid epidemic with an influx of deceptive and unethical marketing and practices by providers for drug rehab who seek monetary gain alone. Knowing what to look for in a rehab center is important to ensure the best possible treatment. Following are several rehab essentials you or your loved one can look out for when it comes to pursuing effective treatment options.
What Is Rehab?
The term “rehab” refers to intensive and supervised programs that are designed to help people stop using drugs and alcohol while giving them the necessary tools to live a healthy and normal life. Rehab can help a person step away from addiction to live a safe and sober life after detox. But finding the right rehab essentials program is important.
What Are the Rehab Essentials to Look Out for When Choosing a Rehab?
Rehab treatment programs can vary. Some focus on treating issues such as drug or alcohol abuse or addiction while others specialize in treating issues like gambling addiction or behavioral problems. Rehab essentials programs may focus on helping people through inpatient treatment programs around the clock or outpatient treatment programs that enable the person in recovery to live at home while still reaping the benefits of counseling and therapy through a treatment center.
It is imperative that a person who desires to pursue treatment weigh all of the available options while choosing a rehab or counseling program with all of the rehab essentials that fit their individual needs. Choosing the right rehab or counseling program can increase the likelihood of a successful and healthy recovery.
Important Rehab Essentials to Consider
People looking to go to rehab need to know today more than ever what to look for in a rehab center. Rehab essentials you or a loved one should look out for may include:
- Licensing, certifications and accreditation: Rehab centers that are accredited by The Joint Commission or the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities are nonprofit organizations based on industry performance standards as well as demonstrated results, value and quality. Drug rehabs need to be certified in order to advertise programs offered via certain avenues, which ensures a specific vetting process that ensures a facility is a quality treatment center. This offers consumer protection.
- Clinical credentials and licensing: Licenses and credentials ensure that the individuals providing rehab essentials programming and services meet standards that are nationally recognized for professional practice. Without accreditation, staff may not be experienced enough to offer the most effective care.
- Treatment success: Many treatment outcomes are not measured by rehabilitation providers or their successes are not measured consistently. Effective successes may differ among providers. Watch out for providers who claim to offer 100% success rates or “the cure.” Any success rates should be quoted by research-based methods or in peer-reviewed journals.
- Mental health services: Many people who suffer from drug or alcohol addiction also battle co-occurring mental health disorders, such as depression or anxiety. In order for a patient to receive the necessary treatment, a dual diagnosis that is accurate is important. People with dual diagnosis require the most up-to-date treatment options for co-occurring mental health disorders and addiction.
- Specialized programs: Rehab programs that offer individualized and tailored treatment options tend to have more positive outcomes than those that are less targeted to specific groups, such as specific populations or young adults.
Finding addiction treatment is the most important first step of finding a new way of living. The changes that can be expected in your or a loved one’s life can make a significant impact, becoming the foundation of recovery throughout the many challenges of life. Remember this as you look for a treatment center so you can find the best addiction treatment facility to ensure a solid foundation for lasting recovery. My Recovery Source is dedicated to helping those needing help find the best treatment facility based on their individual needs. Reach out to us today to get started on the path to lasting recovery.