Addiction to drugs and alcohol is a crisis in the US. Nearly 21.2 million people aged 12 or older needed treatment for substance use disorder in 2018 but only 17% of them got help.
Whether you are struggling with a substance use disorder or someone you love, understanding that change needs to be made is a huge first step not only for your health and relationships but also your future.
The next step is to determine the answer to the question: “How do I find rehab near me?” Although there are thousands of rehab facilities across the nation, not all of them offer the care needed for lasting recovery.
How to Find a Rehab Near Me
Whether you are searching for a rehab facility for yourself or someone you care about, here are a few ways you can “find a rehab near me.”
- Talk to a professional about addiction services, such as your primary care physician, a counselor, therapist, interventionist or social worker for helpful guidance. Many of these professionals are connected with many addiction specialists and can recommend the best local treatment centers that will suit your needs.
- Search the internet on a reputable rehab directory like My Recovery Source. This is a great way to look for resources discreetly while offering you the option to narrow down details of what you are looking for, such as types of treatment, types of addiction and more. Our caring recovery guides are available round the clock at our 24/7 helpline.
- Contact a mental health or addiction hotline, such as the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), which has a call line that is confidential and helps callers find treatment and recovery sources as well.
Pros of Going to Rehab Close to Home
Ultimately, deciding whether you or your loved one should go to rehab close to home or far away is up to you, but here are some of the benefits of seeking addiction treatment nearby.
- Attending rehab close to home can help you to learn to effectively cope with drug triggers and issues that arise in the area you live rather than learning to do so away from home.
- Local rehab can be more cost-effective – especially if the prospective treatment center is out of state. Even if a rehab facility costs the same as a local rehab, the cost of travel adds up. Furthermore, some insurance companies will only pay for specific treatment options and out-of-state care may not be fully covered.
- A local established support network can help you stay closer to your support network of friends and family.
- Staying in a familiar environment can help you feel more comfortable while you are going through many changes that take place during recovery from addiction.
- Local rehab facilities are connected with many invaluable resources in the area that can benefit you or your loved one not only during treatment but after.
Cons of Going to Rehab Close to Home
Going to rehab close to home is not for everyone. Some of the cons of going to rehab near home include:
- Triggers, including people and surroundings, can be too much to bear during initial recovery for some.
- Safety may be an issue for some people, such as those who are leaving an abusive relationship to attend treatment. These people might feel safer going to rehab away from home.
- Being close to friends, family and work can be a distraction for some people, taking away some of their focus on recovery.
Let My Recovery Source Help You Find the Best Rehab
If you need help determining which kind of addiction treatment is right for you or your loved one, please reach out to our caring recovery guides who can help you make a decision that will fit your unique needs.