In 2018, nearly 21.2 million people over the age of 12 needed treatment for substance use, according to the 2018 National Survey on Drug Use and Health by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Only 1.4 percent of Americans aged 12 years and older received any form of treatment for substance use in the year prior to 2018 and only 0.9% of Americans received treatment from a specialty facility. Out of those who needed treatment for substance use in 2018, about 2 in 5 did not receive treatment because they were not ready to quit using drugs or alcohol. Furthermore, only about 1 in 3 Americans had health coverage to pay for rehab while many others were unable to afford treatment costs.
Finding addiction treatment can seem overwhelming and confusing. How does a person know which addiction treatment facility is best for them? Are there any affordable options for those who do not have health coverage or are not covered by their plans? How can a person be sure there are even any rehab options around them? This is where a rehab search directory is highly beneficial.
What Is a Rehab Search Directory?
A rehab search directory is a comprehensive platform that does the work for those needing addiction help. Rehab search directories enable potential clients to identify, locate, learn about, and contact addiction treatment facilities. Users are prompted to answer a few questions, including their name and contact information and several questions about their unique situation (or about a loved one’s situation for whom they are trying to find addiction help). Many rehab search directories are even able to match clients with facilities that will work with them regardless of their health insurance status.
What Are the Different Types of Rehabs Available?
Rehab search directories are capable of matching clients with specific types of treatment programs as well. The different types of rehabs include inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, drug and alcohol detox, medication treatment, and sober living homes.
- Inpatient Rehab: Offer structured treatment programs for all facets of addiction with round the clock care and therapeutic support. Those battling chronic addiction or those suffering from substance abuse disorder that co occurs with a behavioral disorder are well-suited for inpatient rehab.
- Outpatient Rehab: Also offers comprehensive addiction care with the same effective treatments and therapies as inpatient rehab while enabling patients to live at home during recovery rather than in a facility 24/7.
- Detoxification: Helps patients to withdraw safely from drug or alcohol use until the substance is no longer in their system.
- Sober Living Homes: These often serve as a bridge between inpatient treatment and the return to normal life, living at home.
- Medication Treatment: Medications are prescribed to some clients during detox and treatment. Medications can help manage symptoms of withdrawal or to reduce cravings. Those with co-occurring mental health disorders may also benefit from medication.
Addiction treatment therapies can vary as well. Because no path to addiction treatment follows a straight line, the type of therapy or therapies a patient needs will depend on several factors, including substance abuse patterns and the individual’s health. Therapies may include biofeedback, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), holistic therapy, experiential therapy, motivational enhancement therapy (MET), psychodynamic therapy and support groups.
How My Recovery Source Can Help You Today
My Recovery Source aims to reduce the harmful impact of substance abuse by helping those in need to locate proper addiction rehab and treatment. We aim to provide information about addiction treatment and match individuals with addiction treatment practitioners and facilities. If you or a loved one are battling substance use, reach out to us today to find out which treatment programs are available near you so you can find true healing.